June: A lockout’s worth of mad ramblings
It’s been a while since I last blogged, so I figured I would do an extreme version of mad ramblings.
In honor of the NFL lockout, I’ve decided to have 132 thoughts — the same number of days the lockout has lasted.
Luckily, I had plenty of time on my flights to Louisville Friday for Cosa Nostra: Cincinnati. So without further ado, here are extreme mad ramblings for July.
1. The NFL owners are geniuses. They’ve been the bad guys this whole lockout. Now, by approving a CBA, they have backed the players in a corner — approve the deal or have the fans turn against them. I guess owners aren’t billionaires by mistake.
2. The players are also being stupid by getting all butt hurt because the owners gave them a deadline to recertify as a union.
3. The players’ biggest complaint about owners’ CBA proposal is about revenue sharing. That is strictly a deal between the owners. It has nothing to do with the players.
4. Again, quit acting butt hurt dudes.
5. Arian Foster had the funniest take on the lockout with this tweet.
6. If the Texans don’t sign Nnamdi Asomugha when the lockout is lifted, then they are giving the Houston fans the middle finger.
7. Speaking of butt hurt, how about you go ahead and just stopping talking now Stevie Williams.
8. I get it, you feel stabbed in the back by Tiger, despite defending him for two years. Et tu, brute.
9. But seriously, you are a caddy. Tiger was winning with a dude named Fluff before you got there.
10. Oh Phil Mickleson, you are such a tease. That’s why we love you.
11. Is baseball season over with? The Cubs are so miserable. I like four guys on the team — Starlin Castro, Matt Garza, Sean Marshall and Kerry Wood. The rest can just disappear.
12. And yes, that means you too Aramis, as much as I hate to say it.
13. And if Mike Quade is still the manager next season, there may be a riot amongst the fans.
14. The Ricketts family needs to go crawling on their hands and knees to Ryne Sandberg. They need him to be in the dugout, especially with the youth movement going on with the team.
15. Cubs won’t get Pujols this winter, though. I feel a big deal coming for Prince Fielder.
16. The U.S. women’s national team choked, plain and simple.
17. However, Hope Solo did not choke. No goalie could have stopped those two goals Japan scored. She also stopped a PK. That’s all you can ask for in a shootout.
18. Glad to see the women’s back line is as good as the men’s. Seriously, are there no good defenders in this country?
19. Are for the record, I still think Donovan’s goal against Algeria > Wambach’s goal. Wambach’s had way more skill, but I think Donovan’s goal had a bigger impact in the grand scheme of things.
20. And yes, I have become a huge fan of international team soccer (not club soccer). I’d rate it as my second favorite sport right now behind football.
21. Some consider it impossible to get let go by the same company twice in a six-month span. I call it a challenge.
22. Speaking of getting butt hurt, the GCDN heads need to stop getting all offended when I make a snide comment. I’m an unemployed single dad, I’m going to be a little bitter.
23. I’ve now taken my talents to Texas City. I am already destroying the GCDN on alumni stories.
24. GCDN isn’t going to be able to do the Friday SportsExtra section. That made the company $50K last year. So in all actuality, they are going to lose money by laying of someone in sports.
25. Karma is a bitch. Bwahaha.
26. My unemployment ran out last week.
27. Shit was about to get real.
28. Would you like a pineapple mango smoothie with that order?
29. Thankfully the government takes pity on the unemployed these days, so I qualified for emergency unemployment benefits. That’s an additional 20 weeks of federally funded benefits, if needed.
30. I hope I don’t need it.
31. That said, thanks to everyone with jobs. Your taxes dollars are well spent by me playing ghetto golf and blogging.
32. I need high school football season to start to make that extra income.
33. Yeh-Peu-Dah informed me that I have been using mouthwash wrong all these years. I normally used it before I brushed my teeth. My life has been changed since this revelation.
34. Damn, 132 thoughts are a lot. Let’s just go ahead and jump to 100.
100. Heading to see Captain America tonight. I still haven’t seen Super 8, Bridesmaids or Horrible Bosses this summer, but here is how I rate the summer flicks thus far.
101. X-Men: First Class.
102. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 2.
103. Hangover 2.
104. Green Lantern (yes, I liked it).
105. Transformers 3.
107. I think it has been a solid summer, though the critics disagree.
108. I am looking forward to Planet of the Apes and Cowboys & Aliens in the coming weeks.
109. Thoughts on the Dark Knight teaser trailer? I wished they would have shown more, but Bane looks pretty awesome.
110. I am, however, not looking forward to the Spiderman reboot at all.
111. Yeh-Peu-Dah thinks it is dumb that I look at Rotten Tomatoes each week. I actually enjoy predicting what each movie will be rated.
112. Still stunned that Mr. Popper’s Penguins was rated as high as it was on Rotten Tomatoes. I have no desire of ever seeing it.
113. I’m intrigued by Google+, but I still don’t think it is going to beat Twitter or Facebook.
114. If anyone needs an invite, let me know.
115. @dougrotman had a funny link about Google+ circles.
115. I love Sky Mall magazine. After looking through it, I posted some of my favorite products. I looked them up on the Sky Mall website.
120. Ah, gross!
123. I’m closing in on 10,000 tweets. Gotta think of a good one for that milestone.
124. If you aren’t on Twitter, you are missing out. Second best social media platform behind Facebook.
126. I was excited when I saw they were finally doing construction on a part of the interstate near my apartment, which is a pain in the butt. Then I read this link and found out it is a four-year project. Uggh.
127. Nice try Kobayashi…you didn’t break a damn record. The dude counting gave him some home cooking.
128. Airborne Toxic Event makes for great listening on the iPod during a flight.
129. Their latest album “All at Once” is available on Amazon for $4.99. Trust me — download the album won’t disappoint you. I will even pay you back if you don’t like it.
130. Kevin Morris, you are my hero. He is donating a kidney to his father. That is a man right there. Everyone pray for his family.
131. I’m so thankfully to spend this weekend with my wolf pack, Andy and Patty. I couldn’t ask for two better friends in my life.
132. Affiliation that is binding for life.
Bear Down and Keep the Faith!