Well, I didn’t get the job.
A couple of weeks ago, I interviewed for a PR coordinator spot with Moody Gardens. Moody Gardens is the premier tourist destination on Galveston.
It didn’t pay well, would have involved commuting to the island every day and would keep me 40 minutes away from Boogie.
However, it would have been a fantastic job. It would have involved the PR for the rainforest pyramid, which has been rebuilt since Hurricane Ike. I also would have gotten to travel around the state for media tours and had a chance to interact with rare animals.
Most importantly, it would have been the first part of a stepping stone into the PR business.
I got a hold of the woman in charge on Friday, and she was honest with me. She said the person who got the job had been an intern a little while ago, so the thought was she could hit the ground running a little faster than me. That’s understandable.
She did say that even though that girl had been an intern there, my interview made it a tough decision. She said I proved to her that I brought more to the table than she was expecting. She said she even told the CEO of the company that it was a tough choice between me and the other girl.
So it’s back to the job hunt I guess. Oh well.
I am all set to move to the west side of town, which will cut down on my expenses a lot. That will put me a lot closer to Boogie.
Even though I didn’t get the job, I know that I interview well. I just have to get another shot from someone.
Something good will pop up soon, I’m sure.
• If you didn’t follow the @DanBeebe account on Twitter, you were missing out. Here is the final, epic rant the writer had about the conference before the real Dan Beebe resigned as commissioner of the Big 12.
• I love the headline here: ‘Leo Nunez’ has ID issue. That’s one way of putting it, I guess.
• The documentary on Steve Bartman airs on ESPN Tuesday. I’m curious to watch it, though it is going to bring back bad memories. F-ing Bartman…
• I’ll be extremely disappointed if Aramis Ramirez ends up leaving the Cubs this offseason. I’ve always liked the guy and it is going to leave a huge hole in the lineup.
• Finally, this may the best trial story of all time. Beastiality, aliens and multiple personalities — that’s the defense of one man on trial.
Bear Down and Keep the Faith!