To say this past month has been busy would be an understatement.
Both of my parents have come out to visit, Boogie and I went to Yo Gabba Gabba Live, I dealt with plenty of baby mama drama and gotten some interesting hits in the job search.
To keep this blog a decent length, I’m going to break down most of the happenings in a photo slideshow (unfortunately, I can’t break them up into separate slideshows). Enjoy.
“Grandpa John” visits
My dad was able to fly into Houston the Sunday after Thanksgiving. It was the first time he had been in town since last December.
We had a fun trip, going to the zoo, going to Build-A-Bear and eating at Red Robin.
Yo Gabba Gabba
Remember when you were in your 20s, and you would hear about dads taking their kids to go see a boy band or Sesame Street in concert.
“You couldn’t pay me enough money to do that,” you would say.
Well, that was me about five years ago. Now, I’m one of those dads.
My dad got Boogie and I tickets to Yo Gabba Gabba Live for Christmas. He got us some pretty sweet tickets — center section, seven rows from the stage.
Boogie and I dressed up for the show — she was Foofa, while I went as Muno — and went to see her favorite TV characters in real life.
Nonny and Poppy visit
After having to delay their trip for a few weeks because they were sick, my mom and stepdad finally made it out to Houston last week.
They stayed with me and spent all week absolutely spoiling Boogie. We went to Moody Gardens, Kemah Boardwalk and the zoo. We also celebrated Christmas, complete with a visit from Santa, since they won’t be in town for real Christmas.
Baby Mama drama
I hate Tejada. That is all.
Not going to say much because I don’t want to jinx anything. I feel confident that my time on unemployment could be ending in the next few weeks, though.
• Was able to return to the JerryDome for the state football championships last weekend. I worked the sidelines for the game we broadcasted on the radio. Quite a venue, especially standing on the field.
• Had a scare the other day when Charles texted me that Jon Bon Jovi had died. Thankfully it was a hoax. You are all free to laugh at me now.
• Domino’s Pizza Tracker = Lifesaver. Morale of the story — avoid crazy bitches.
• I enjoy Damn You Autocorrect, but I am certain most of them are not real.
• There are funny Santa photos. Then there is this photo.
Some of the others in the list are pretty funny, too.
Bear Down and Keep the Faith!