I’m constantly reminded that I need to watch what I say around my little Boogie. She’s a smart little one, and isn’t afraid to use any new info her sponge brain absorbs.
Case in point: Last month, I got a new phone for my birthday and took her to Best Buy to help me pick out a case. She wanted me to get a pink one, but I said no, because I didn’t want to look like a girl.
Fast forward to later in the week when I wore a pink dress shirt to work. Hey, real men wear pink, and I always get a lot of compliments when I wear it.
Of course, when I picked Boogie up that day, she got a kick out of my shirt and couldn’t stop giggling about it.
The next week, Boogie gave me a belated birthday gift – this colored photo frame.
Obviously it is a picture of me and her. But there was one detail with it that was quite curious. It led to this exchange.
Yeh-Peu-Dah: What is daddy wearing in your picture?
Boogie: A pink shirt.
Yeh-Peu-Dah: Why is he wearing a pink shirt?
Boogie: Because he dresses like a girl.
I guess the morale of the story is to buy a pink phone case when your daughter requests it. And if you don’t, it is probably best to avoid wearing pink shirts around her.
• Congrats to my bro Andy for getting featured on “Freshly Pressed” for his blog about Seth MacFarlane hosting the Oscars. Hey Andy, now that you have 8 million subscribers, how bout throwing me a bone in your next blog post?
• After Dennis Rodman’s trip to North Korea, I’m wondering if my collectible figure will be re-released with a new ambassador outfit.
• The Airborne Toxic Event is releasing a special four-song selection from their new album on Monday. That is followed on Tuesday with the release of the new Bon Jovi album. Looks like I have some new music to jam to on my commute!
• Which headline/story is crazier: Pantless Arkansas woman tries to leave DWI scene in toy truck or US teens ‘had three-way sex on corpses of men they lured to their house, strangled to death and hog-tied’
Seriously, what the hell is wrong with people?
• How about this ultimate fail in design/headline writing: Rapefruit, eh?
• There has always been a running joke about the quick deaths of those wearing red in the original Star Trek series. This article points out that may not be entirely true. (BTW, how big of a nerd do you have to be to come up with that study?)
• After spending time breaking down the Miami Heat version of the Harlem Shake, it is clear ESPN is losing what little journalist credibility it still had left.
• Finally, for my Boogie and Grandpa’s birthdays (they were both born on March 3), I organized a penguin encounter at Moody Gardens. Boogie had met a penguin before, but of course, she wanted to do it again. The reaction from my grandpa was awesome. He loved it, and that truly made it an experience I will never forget.
Bear Down and Keep the Faith!